software to post blog comments

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Vinayak, Nov 20, 2005.

  1. Vinayak

    Vinayak Guest

    Dear Members

    I'm new here. Please permit me to ask some newbie question

    I'm from a non-profit organization, working for gender equality. We wish
    to get a small message across to sister blogs (blogs with a common
    thread, purpose)

    *I am SERIOUSLY AGAINST SPAM of any kind*

    I'm using Win XPP

    I am looking at a software to post comments to blogs

    - Let's say I search for key words using google's blog search and I get
    some 10 blogs

    - I feed these URL into this software - even better if this software
    will pickup these blog URL from google / search engine search pages

    - Software should open the comment pages of these blogs +
    paste the comment file into these blogs (the comments could be part of a
    file or could be copied into memory using control + c ... etc.)

    - then we move on the the next and so on

    - I'm also ready to log into some (10 or so ) popular blog sites so that
    the cookies for posting are open

    - Manual intervention
    ------------------------------
    required manual inputs from me to answer word recognition etc. will be
    done by me

    *There can be limits on the max post per session / day* to avoid spam

    ...... any suggestions ??

    Thanks in advance
    and
    Regards
    Vinayak

    Vinayak, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Hello,

    You say that you are against SPAM,
    but anyway, what you describe here IS SPAM.

    The definition of SPAM is a "Non solicited e-mail, message".
    No matter if what you do is non-profit or not.

    Comments on blogs are here to get feedback
    from visitors about a particular post.
    Not to be crawled by a robot who thinks
    that your blog matches some criteria and that
    you should look at this product or this association.

    I encourage you to use other way of communication
    to promote your association. Be aware that many people
    on the Websphere belong to the early web generation and
    are very aware of the Netiquette and the problem
    of spams.

    They are deeply concerned by the respect of these rules, and you
    may start with a bad image by doing so.

    Regards,

    Raphael

    Raphael Jolivet, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Vinayak

    Vinayak Guest

    Thanks for these kind words

    I understand your comments.

    I wish to state categorically that I am *AGAINST SPAM*

    Please consider the earlier mail / request cancelled. My apologies for
    the confusion if any

    By the way
    -----------------

    I have been experimenting with a tool called qumana from http://qumana.com

    Have you used it ? any tips ?

    Regards

    Vinayak

    Vinayak, Nov 21, 2005
  4. JRS: In article <dlq20m$>, dated Sun, 20
    Nov 2005 20:33:21, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Vinayak
    <> posted :

    >I'm from a non-profit organization, working for gender equality. We wish
    >to get a small message across to sister blogs ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    ^^^^^^

    Then you should practice what you preach.

    Spamming does not cease to be spamming just because the writer claims
    that it is not.

    *** DO NOT MULTIPOST ***

    Dr John Stockton, Nov 21, 2005