    i really wanna have the code written by vhdl language implement space
    vector modulation i will be very very thankfull, if u get it to me be sure
    i can help u in any thing related to embeded system

    hasanabouali, Nov 17, 2004

  2. hasanabouali

    Neo Guest

    what exactly is your requirement?

    Neo, Nov 18, 2004

  3. hasanabouali

    hasanabouali Guest

    i wanna to implement space vector modulation by FPGA
    then
    i control the speed of an induction motor

    the problem is sin & cos in fpga
    i hope any one can show me the way, i hope also there is a simulation
    prog. or where can i find good papers.

    hasanabouali, Nov 22, 2004
  4. hasanabouali

    Neo Guest

    "hasanabouali" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > i wanna to implement space vector modulation by FPGA
    > then
    > i control the speed of an induction motor
    >
    > the problem is sin & cos in fpga
    > i hope any one can show me the way, i hope also there is a simulation
    > prog. or where can i find good papers.

    Hi,
    Its not difficult, you can do that with look up tables if the
    resolution requirement is not high or best go for cordic
    implementation. it will converge rapidly within a few iterations. you
    can check out this document, its a good ref to cordic in fpga.
    http://www.andraka.com/papers.htm

    Neo, Nov 24, 2004
  5. hasanabouali

    hasanabouali Guest

    In the name of Allah the most merciful
    Thank you zingafriend very much for answering me But what I need exactly
    is:
    I need to read three voltages and convert them to just two this is not a
    problem
    But I need to take these values and implement these equation
    θ=cos-1(Vα/Vβ) & ta = U[cos() –
    (3-½)sin()] & tb = 2U(3-½)sin()
    this is my vision, our supervisor refuse to tell us more for now.
    **I noticed that in the cordic algorithm which you told me about it
    doesn't contain VHDL code.
    Thank you anyway if you don't have a problem to talk to me online I will
    be happy for that.
    Also my e-mail if you want to add me to ur
    messenger. IF u have any question about power electronics don't hesitate
    just tell me if I can't help u I will find someone can.
    urs:hasan

    hasanabouali, Nov 24, 2004
  6. hasanabouali

    tesla Guest

    > But I need to take these values and implement these equation
    > θ=cos-1(Vα/Vβ) & ta = U[cos() –
    > (3-½)sin()] & tb = 2U(3-½)sin()

    > this is my vision, our supervisor refuse to tell us more for now.
    > **I noticed that in the cordic algorithm which you told me about it
    > doesn't contain VHDL code.

    check

    http://www.opencores.org/browse.cgi/by_category

    there are some cordic implementations.

    "look up table" is also a good idea.

    yusuf

    tesla, Nov 25, 2004
  7. hasanabouali

    hasanabouali Guest

    dear yusuf

    thank you, i realy want the vhdl code that implement sin or cosine, i
    can't understand this method.
    do you have solved example which already implement cosine by cordic
    urs:hasan

    hasanabouali, Dec 7, 2004
  8. hasanabouali

    veiledcavalier

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Salam alikom dear hassanabouali,
    i am a student working also with SVM and doing it on FPGA
    i think we can exchange knowledge in Power Electronics and
    SVM if u don't mind !

    i sent u on mail. i'd be grateful if we co-operate.
    thanks a lot

    veiledcavalier, Dec 12, 2008
  9. hasanabouali

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    jeppe, Dec 12, 2008
  10. hasanabouali

    balaji

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Hi friend
    I just started working on the same kind of project indeed which u worked few years back. So I need ur kind suggestion in progressing further..
    as of now i had found few architectures to implement SVPWM controller in FPGA..but the problem am facing now are:
    1. In implementing FINDING SECTOR MODULE in FPGA, we need to perform iterative calculative comparisons to determine the reference sector.how do u transform that algorithmic flowchart into digital hardware implementable on FPGA?
    2. secondly, how would I determine ta, tb applying those mathematical expressions using HDL or digital logic circuit synthesizable on FPGA?

    as of now these are the two main questions bothering me..although i found many references speaking of CORDIC algorithm as one possible solution. but still i need to know how the complex mathematical expressions are evaluated using digital circuit?

    kindly suggest me possible ways to implement & explain me in brief too..any one who help me out with this are also welcome.

    anticipating ur kind response..

    cheers & regards
    balaji

    balaji, Feb 22, 2009
  12. hasanabouali

    aishwarya0003

    Joined:
    May 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hey!!
    M also not able to generate the code for SVM VSI???
    Can u help me out???

    aishwarya0003, May 18, 2009