Specify time?

zz12

Hello. Would anyone know if there is an easy and clean way of presenting
maybe a time control field in html in an .asp page that allows a user to
specify a certain time of the day? Currently using an <input
name="SpecifyTime" type="Text"> field but was wondering if there was a
better way of doing this as to where users won't mistype in entering non
time related characters? Thanks in advance.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

zz12 said:
Hello. Would anyone know if there is an easy and clean way of
presenting maybe a time control field in html in an .asp page that
allows a user to specify a certain time of the day? Currently using
an <input name="SpecifyTime" type="Text"> field but was wondering if
there was a better way of doing this as to where users won't mistype
in entering non time related characters? Thanks in advance.

Not really an ASP question (see here for some html groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039), but there's any
number of ways to accomplish this. Usually dropdowns are used: either
paired for hours and minutes, or a single one containing only the times
you wish to be selected (for example, if you only wish times on the hour
and the half hour to be available)

zz12

Sorry about that. I guess I was overthinking this one as I used 3 html drop
down select controls (hr- min- am/pm) and then concatenated them to create a
time.

Thanks for your speedy reply anyways. Take care.