    name="SpecifyTime" type="Text"> field but was wondering if there was a
    better way of doing this as to where users won't mistype in entering non
    time related characters? Thanks in advance.

    zz12, Sep 12, 2007

  2. zz12 wrote:
    > Hello. Would anyone know if there is an easy and clean way of
    > presenting maybe a time control field in html in an .asp page that
    > allows a user to specify a certain time of the day? Currently using
    > an <input name="SpecifyTime" type="Text"> field but was wondering if
    > there was a better way of doing this as to where users won't mistype
    > in entering non time related characters? Thanks in advance.

    Not really an ASP question (see here for some html groups:
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039), but there's any
    number of ways to accomplish this. Usually dropdowns are used: either
    paired for hours and minutes, or a single one containing only the times
    you wish to be selected (for example, if you only wish times on the hour
    and the half hour to be available)

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 12, 2007

  3. zz12

    zz12 Guest

    Sorry about that. I guess I was overthinking this one as I used 3 html drop
    down select controls (hr- min- am/pm) and then concatenated them to create a
    time.

    Thanks for your speedy reply anyways. Take care.

    zz12, Sep 13, 2007