SqlProfileProvider provides custom User Info // Anything for the Application Entity?

sloan

you can use a
ProfileProvider

( with one implmentation being the SqlProfileProvider class )

to add some custom info about a User.

(Height, Weight, EyeColor as an example)

Is there a way to add custom information to the Application (s) ?

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to have a either an Active (bool/bit)
flag, or a daterange
( StartApplicationDate and EndApplicationDate )

so I can setup my applications, but have them active or automatically be
enabled/disabled on the date.

I"m trying to find the intelligent non-hacky way to implement this feature,
instead of hacking up the default membership provider stuff.

Thanks for any hints.

<profile defaultProvider="SqlProvider">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
connectionStringName="SqlServices"
applicationName="SampleApplication"
description="SqlProfileProvider for SampleApplication" />
</providers>

<properties>
<add name="Height" />
<add name="Weight" />
<add name="EyeColor" />
</properties>
</profile>

sloan

Yeah, that is what I was thinking as well.

SqlRoleProvider and SqlMembershipProvider actually look
inheritable-friendly.