SSI Equivalent

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bernardo Heynemann, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. First of All, let me introduce myself.
    I have been programming for 5 years now in VB/ASP platform (i´ve been
    programming other stuff since i was 7 years - old hehehe).
    Now i´m moving to ASP.NET and i´m loving the whole thing. Man it is
    beautiful.

    But since i´m still a rookie, gotta learn some basic stuff.
    I´ve already developed some neat classes since they don´t involve anything
    but knowing how to code c#.

    But now i´m at a point that i gotta start the website interaction. My
    question is:
    I loved the SS Includes because they gave me the ability to change one place
    and all other pages would reflect that change.
    Since that´s stupid in OOP, i need to know how i would do a sidebar that´s
    the same for all pages.
    As a matter of fact i don´t want to know how to do it, cos´ i know i could
    just make a web control of it. I want to know really how is this best
    achieved. I mean conceptually and easily.

    Thanx for the help. Sorry for the background but i think it helps. :)

    See yall,
    Bernardo Heynemann
    Developer @ Banco BVA S/A - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil

    Bernardo Heynemann, Dec 1, 2003

  2. That is exactly the problem that ASCX controls solve. There is an article on
    your exact question (sidebars) here:

    http://xmlpronews.com/xmlpronews-41-20030627BuildingaBetterSidebar.html

    --
    Chris Jackson