What technoligies should I study?

md9

Hi,

I must admit that I´m less than a beginner ,since I don´t even Bought
my first java book.
But I´ve read almost everything that are printed here in Brazil,and a
lot of articles in the Internet.

I´m actually a Delphi programmer ,I basically write ERP and CRM
programs.
I choose Delphi in 1997 because it was much faster than Java for the
kind of applications I produce.

Now that Java is a mature plataform and Delphi is sinking.I´m having
problems deciding what technologies to choose .

First.
What tecnologies should I study in order to create good ERP
software(EJB).
I guess JSP is something that won´t help me much at first for
example.

What free IDE to use?
What are the limitations of the Free IDES
(IBM for example distributes a paid version o Eclipse?)

SWT seems to be the right thing to me ,Does Netbeans come with SWT´s
support?

I never saw a huge product here in Brazil projected and constructed
based in UML?

The majority of Java programmers(specially those who creates the same
kind of program I write Uses or not UML?).

What report Generator to Use?

My reports in Delphi are half procedural /half OOP.
I use banded report engines only for very simple reports.

Is there any open source ERP project made with NetBeans or Eclipse?

I know I should concentrate in the basics of Java and them decide
what
Ide to use but I´ve to buy books,make plans and etc.

Regards,
Neuza Alves da Silva