Starting with XSL-FO

Discussion in 'XML' started by mathieu, May 20, 2006.

  1. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    Hello there,

    I have just started with XSL-FO and I have the following problem. I
    am not able to produce the proper pdf file. Here is what I have:

    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/test.pdf

    here is what I should have:

    http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/pdf/sample-table_1.pdf

    I am working on Debian/linux with fop (apache). To produce test.pdf I
    did the following:

    $ history
    1 mkdir /tmp/2
    2 cd /tmp/2
    3 wget http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/sample-all-files.zip
    4 unzip sample-all-files.zip
    5 fop fo/sample-table_1.fo test.pdf

    and fop execution produced:
    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [INFO] FOP 0.20.5
    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [INFO] building formatting object tree
    [INFO] setting up fonts
    [ERROR] property - "xml:lang" is not implemented yet.
    [INFO] [1]
    [INFO] JAI support was not installed (read: not present at build time).
    Trying to use Jimi instead
    [INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

    Any comment/suggestion welcome
    Mathieu

    mathieu, May 20, 2006

  2. mathieu

    George Bina Guest

    Hi Mathieu,

    AntenaHouse provides a commercial FO processor supporting much more
    than Apache FOP. The files from AntennaHouse are probably intended to
    show the features their processor provide so it is understandable that
    a processor like Apache FOP may not render them correctly. You may
    eventually try with the FOP 0.92 beta and see if you get better
    results:
    http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html#FOP+0.92+beta

    Best Regards,
    George
    George Cristian Bina
    http://www.oxygenxml.com

    George Bina, May 22, 2006

  3. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    George Bina wrote:
    > Hi Mathieu,
    >
    > AntenaHouse provides a commercial FO processor supporting much more
    > than Apache FOP. The files from AntennaHouse are probably intended to
    > show the features their processor provide so it is understandable that
    > a processor like Apache FOP may not render them correctly. You may
    > eventually try with the FOP 0.92 beta and see if you get better
    > results:
    > http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html#FOP+0.92+beta

    Makes perfect sense. Since this was more for test, I'll simply avoid
    the few tags Apache FOP cannot handle.

    Thanks for your help!
    Mathieu

    mathieu, May 22, 2006