Starting with XSL-FO

Discussion in 'XML' started by mathieu, May 20, 2006.

  1. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    Hello there,

    I have just started with XSL-FO and I have the following problem. I
    am not able to produce the proper pdf file. Here is what I have:

    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/test.pdf

    here is what I should have:

    http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/pdf/sample-table_1.pdf

    I am working on Debian/linux with fop (apache). To produce test.pdf I
    did the following:

    $ history
    1 mkdir /tmp/2
    2 cd /tmp/2
    3 wget http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/sample-all-files.zip
    4 unzip sample-all-files.zip
    5 fop fo/sample-table_1.fo test.pdf

    and fop execution produced:
    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [INFO] FOP 0.20.5
    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [INFO] building formatting object tree
    [INFO] setting up fonts
    [ERROR] property - "xml:lang" is not implemented yet.
    [INFO] [1]
    [INFO] JAI support was not installed (read: not present at build time).
    Trying to use Jimi instead
    [INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

    Any comment/suggestion welcome
    Mathieu

    mathieu, May 20, 2006

  2. mathieu

    George Bina Guest

    Hi Mathieu,

    AntenaHouse provides a commercial FO processor supporting much more
    than Apache FOP. The files from AntennaHouse are probably intended to
    show the features their processor provide so it is understandable that
    a processor like Apache FOP may not render them correctly. You may
    eventually try with the FOP 0.92 beta and see if you get better
    results:
    http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html#FOP 0.92 beta

    Best Regards,
    George
    George Cristian Bina
    http://www.oxygenxml.com

    George Bina, May 22, 2006

  3. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    George Bina wrote:
    > Hi Mathieu,
    >
    > AntenaHouse provides a commercial FO processor supporting much more
    > than Apache FOP. The files from AntennaHouse are probably intended to
    > show the features their processor provide so it is understandable that
    > a processor like Apache FOP may not render them correctly. You may
    > eventually try with the FOP 0.92 beta and see if you get better
    > results:
    > http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html#FOP 0.92 beta

    Makes perfect sense. Since this was more for test, I'll simply avoid
    the few tags Apache FOP cannot handle.

    Thanks for your help!
    Mathieu

    mathieu, May 22, 2006