    but aside from "dragging the control onto your toolbox.." Does anyone have
    any installation instructions: e.g. aspx code, etc... ?? I could not find
    any..

    matt p, Apr 22, 2008

  2. 1. Unzip and place the DLL in your app's BIN directory.
    2. Right-Click the "General" tab in the Toolbox.
    3. Select "Choose Items".
    4. Click the "Browse" button and navigate to the /bin directory of your app.
    5. Select CAPTCHASP.dll and click the "Add" button.
    6. Drag the CAPTCHASP icon which was added to the toolbox onto any Web Form.
    7. Configure the Properties you want by placing the cursor on the CAPTCHA code
    and choosing the Properties you want to configure from the Properties box.
    8. Hit F5.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 22, 2008

  3. matt p

    GaryDean Guest

    I'm having a problem with Steve Orr's Captcha control. Iv'e followed all
    the instructions. I'm using vs2005. First when I drag it onto the page it
    gets a rendering error saying

    After getting captcha success and submitting the page I get an explorer
    error dialog saying " Validation of viewstate MAC faild. If this
    applicationis hosted by a web farm........"

    Can you imagine what might cause this?

    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely

    GaryDean, Jun 8, 2008
  4. Hi, Gary.

    See if the info in this blog article helps :
    http://blogs.msdn.com/tom/archive/2008/03/14/validation-of-viewstate-mac-failed-error.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 8, 2008
  5. matt p

    GaryDean Guest

    Juan:
    thanks. One of the workarounds worked.
    Gary

    GaryDean, Jun 8, 2008
  6. You're quite welcome, and I'm glad one of the fixes worked.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 8, 2008
  7. matt p

    GaryDean Guest

    As it turned out, the fix I used doesn't always work. I'll play with some
    others but we really shouldn't have to be doing this to get a control to
    work. Sometimes the "MAC" message still appears. Also I find there is no
    causesvalidation property that I can set to false so it's not a very good
    citizen on the page. Is there somewhere we can request enhancements and
    fixes to Steve?

    I was using another CAPTCHA control by Jeff Atwood but it just doesn't work
    sometimes and sometimes it does.

    Are you aware of any other controls?
    thanks,
    Gary

    GaryDean, Jun 8, 2008
  8. re:
    !> Are you aware of any other controls?

    There's a whole mess of them, some with source code included so,
    if you want to turn out a better implementation, you can :

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=captcha "asp.net"

    For a view contrary to using CAPTCHA, see :

    http://weblogs.asp.net/rhoward/archive/2006/07/19/Why-no-CAPTCHA_3F00_.aspx

    Rob Howard is one of the most respected ASP.NET developers there is.
    He helped *develop* ASP.NET, and is the driving force behind Community Server.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 8, 2008