    Jude Guest

    hi ppl, i wanna learn struts. what are the materials u would prefer.
    thanks
    Jude, Jul 3, 2008

  2. RedGrittyBrick, Jul 3, 2008

  3. Jude

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Jude wrote:
    > hi ppl, i wanna learn struts. what are the materials u would prefer.

    If just need to learn *a* Java web technology, then I would recommend
    JSF over Struts (actually I like the Struts approach more, but the
    industry direction is towards JSF).

    But let us assume that you need to learn Struts - there are a
    ton of Struts web apps out there that need to be enhanced and where
    converting to JSF is not an option.

    First you must realize that being good at Struts requires you
    to learn a lot. You need to understand: Java, a servlet engine,
    Struts, view technology (JSP or other). This is a many months
    project.

    You should probably start with a book. I have:
    Struts in Action / Ted Husted, Cedric Dumoulin, George Franciscus,
    David Winterfeldt
    but maybe there are better books.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 3, 2008