Suckerfish CSS drop-down menu problem (major IE inconsistency!)

Mark Parnell

All one can to with a PSP image, say, is to swear at it.

You could print it out then take out your frustration by tearing it up
or burning it or something. :)

Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

1: ClearType is shit.
2: Don't you DARE try to change ANYONE'S settings except your own.
3: You are an arrogant shit who obviously has NOT "done [your] homework".

ClearType BLURS text. It was created because early LCD monitors looked HORRIBLE when displaying text. ALL font smoothing is inherently bad. Some people may like how it looks, some may not. The problem lies in the fact that you CAN'T set one default that everyone will like. Some people will have problems, some will not. MOST people won't notice a difference, so why waste the clock cycles? You blame the user's hardware in cases where problems exist. Then you tell the user to replace the hardware.

Your horrible ****-up with your code (displayed on the web for all to see) shows how much "homework" and "research" you do, and how much your opinion is worth. Tell me, you posted there asking for help with broken code. Who should we blame for that broken code? The code has errors. The user (YOU) are responsible for those errors, AND you are responsible for fixing them.

You THINK you can sit on a high horse and say that faulty hardware is to blame and that users must upgrade. What you don't realize is that you don't have a leg to stand on, let alone a high horse to perch your arrogant ass upon. :horse: How is saying "The hardware is broken, replace it, user." NOT blaming the user? It's THEIR hardware, after all. It may not be their FAULT it doesn't work (it's CLEARTYPE'S fault) but you are charging them with replacing hardware. Even if the hardware was faulty, and ClearType was fundamentally PERFECT (it's not, it's fundamentally bullshit), the user still has to pay to replace that hardware, as you suggest. You are saying "It's not your fault, but you have to pay to fix it, just as if it WAS your fault."

If my car broke down due to a mechanical failure, through no fault of my own, and the insurance company sent me a letter declaring for all the world to know that it was in fact a problem with the car, and not how I used it, maintained it, or drove it, and THEN, at the end of that letter, said they were not going to pay a dime and that I was fully responsible for replacing my car, I'd be pretty pissed.

Yet, what you are doing is worse. If a car had a problem with a certain setting, such as cruise control, a user would turn it off or get it repaired, THEIR CHOICE. (Look at Ford's issue with cruise control switches for an example.)
What you are effectively doing is switching people's cruise control on without their consent. If their car blows up, you sit on your piece of shit ass and proclaim it to be a hardware issue, then you tell them to buy a new car. No shit dumbass, that's why I had it disabled. If their car doesn't blow up, then you've just turned on somebody's cruise control. Hey, asshole, I turned cruise control off because I didn't like it.

Why do you think you know better than the users? ClearType is a fucking personal choice. There is no right or wrong choice. Some people like it, some people don't. I say it's fucking shit, because it is. It's blurring text. When I get old and my vision gets worse, maybe I'll prefer a lower resolution and some blurry text. But for now, I prefer the crisp exactness of UN-FUCKED-WITH TEXT.

Regardless of who prefers what, you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to EVER change somebody's settings without their EXPLICIT, INFORMED, CONSENT.

Please, DIE.