Suffering succotash - Flickering Flash

+mrcakey

I have two sites - one I've made for a client and one which is my own. Both
feature a Flash object at the top of the page. It's the same object that's
brought in on every page.

What is happening in Firefox, and what I suspect is something I'll not be
able to do anything about, is that there's a lapse between the page loading
and the object being brought in to the page, which results in a flicker. It
looks amateurish on my site (www.dreamberry.co.uk - thank you Travis for
your critique - I'll be changing it in the near future) but on my client's
site (www.c2recruitment.com) it really ruins the flow. It's the first time
I've done anything that looks better in IE than FF.

I'm sure there's probably a very good reason for FF doing it the way they do
it or maybe it's just a setting that I've fouled up, but it's very annoying.

+mrcakey

+mrcakey

+mrcakey said:
I have two sites - one I've made for a client and one which is my own.
Both feature a Flash object at the top of the page. It's the same object
that's brought in on every page.

What is happening in Firefox, and what I suspect is something I'll not be
able to do anything about, is that there's a lapse between the page
flicker. It looks amateurish on my site (www.dreamberry.co.uk - thank you
Travis for your critique - I'll be changing it in the near future) but on
my client's site (www.c2recruitment.com) it really ruins the flow. It's
the first time I've done anything that looks better in IE than FF.

I'm sure there's probably a very good reason for FF doing it the way they
do it or maybe it's just a setting that I've fouled up, but it's very
annoying.

Hmmm, just looked in FF cache and it seems that .swf files are sent to disk
cache rather than memory cache. That might well explain it. Und hence, I
am on a loser with this one aren't I?

+mrcakey