Sun One Studio

Ike

I'm using Sun One Studio 4, Updatge 1 (NetBeans) and frequently, in debug
mode, when I try to walk through the code, it hangs. This never happened to
me in older versions of Forte.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are theere some options settings I may
have wrong that are causing this? Thanks, Ike

Edwin Keeton

I had the same experience and have stopped using Studio 4 (CE) until I
can get it figured out.

Luke Webber

Ike said:
I'm using Sun One Studio 4, Updatge 1 (NetBeans) and frequently, in debug
mode, when I try to walk through the code, it hangs. This never happened to
me in older versions of Forte.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are theere some options settings I may
have wrong that are causing this? Thanks, Ike

It's a problem in version 1.4.1 of the JDK. Go back to using 1.4.0 (by
modifying ide.cfg in Sun One's /bin folder) and it should be fine.
Presumably you should also be able to use the new 1.4.2 version, but don't
quote me on that.

Luke

Ike

Ah, found this in the bug parade, and it solved my problem...posting here
for anyone doing a search on this in the future:

You can debug applets in the IDE. But you can't debug applets from .html
file without the Java Plug-in.

You can debug using the Applet Viewer. You have to set the debugger property
to 'Applet Debugging' for your applet. If you created it using the applet
template, this will be set for you by default. To set it manually:

1.. Select your applet's class file in the Explorer window.
2.. Right click and choose Properties from the pop-up menu
3.. The resulting property sheet will have two tabs. Click the Execution
tab to view the class's execution properties
4.. Set the Debugger property to 'Applet Debugging'.
Once you set the properties correctly, you can then set the breakpoints in
your applet's source code and debug normally.