    me in older versions of Forte.

    Anyone have any experience with this? Are theere some options settings I may
    have wrong that are causing this? Thanks, Ike
    Ike, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Ike

    Edwin Keeton Guest

    I had the same experience and have stopped using Studio 4 (CE) until I
    can get it figured out.

    In article <uEhMa.20377$>,
    says...

    Edwin Keeton, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Ike

    Luke Webber Guest

    "Ike" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Sun One Studio 4, Updatge 1 (NetBeans) and frequently, in debug
    > mode, when I try to walk through the code, it hangs. This never happened

    > me in older versions of Forte.
    >
    > Anyone have any experience with this? Are theere some options settings I

    may
    > have wrong that are causing this? Thanks, Ike

    It's a problem in version 1.4.1 of the JDK. Go back to using 1.4.0 (by
    modifying ide.cfg in Sun One's /bin folder) and it should be fine.
    Presumably you should also be able to use the new 1.4.2 version, but don't
    quote me on that.

    Luke
    Luke Webber, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Ike

    Ike Guest

    Ah, found this in the bug parade, and it solved my problem...posting here
    for anyone doing a search on this in the future:

    You can debug applets in the IDE. But you can't debug applets from .html
    file without the Java Plug-in.

    You can debug using the Applet Viewer. You have to set the debugger property
    to 'Applet Debugging' for your applet. If you created it using the applet
    template, this will be set for you by default. To set it manually:

    1.. Select your applet's class file in the Explorer window.
    2.. Right click and choose Properties from the pop-up menu
    3.. The resulting property sheet will have two tabs. Click the Execution
    tab to view the class's execution properties
    4.. Set the Debugger property to 'Applet Debugging'.
    Once you set the properties correctly, you can then set the breakpoints in
    your applet's source code and debug normally.

    Ike, Jul 2, 2003