swing JMenuItem accelerators stop working in os x 10.2 for JDesktopPane

Darrell

Hi,

I have a JDesktopPane with a number of JInternalFrames. There is a
menu with accelerators attached to the menu items, such as 'close
window' and 'new window'. Nothing too interesting. All menus and
their accelerators work perfectly when the program starts (it starts
with no visible internal frames), as well as when there is any
internal frame that has focus in the desktop. BUT, when the user
closes all visible internal frames (using any method) the accelerators
stop working altogether, while the menus themselves still work fine
(you can select 'new window' from the menu, but not using the 'new
window' accelerator). They begin to work again once a new internal
frame is created.

This problem is nonexistent in winXP using java 1.4, but on os x 10.2
using the latest available java from apple this is what I get.

Also, I've put the menu at the top of the screen, and tried it in it's
default location at the top of the desktop frame with no difference in
behavior.

Thanks in advance,

Darrell