System.Diagnostics, Process and Security

Michael Johnson Sr.

I am trying to view a list of running processes using ASP.NET with C#, I
found System.Diagnostics.Process which seems to work good with IIS 5 and XP,
when I move the application to Windows 2000 Server, I start having alot of
access denied errors. Before i only got access denied when trying to stop
another user process, on win2000 i get it for everything, I used an admin
enabled account with <identity> which didn't fix it.

In the event log, there is errors about accessing performance metrics or
something on MS technet, it says you must be admin.

I also went into machine.config and set worker process to run as SYSTEM
rather than MACHINE, anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Michael Johnson Sr.

Yes, but funny thing, i removed identity, and now it seems to work.
I was messing around with policies and a few other things but I reset them
all. But now it seems to work without any identity statement in the web
config, perhaps it was system statement in the process manager, I really am
not 100% sure. It worked flawless on IIS 5 and Windows XP but was a bear on
the deployed Windows 2000 IIS 5