System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.

Brock Allen

When you say write to the registry, do you mean using the EventLog? Or do
you mean explicitly writing to the registry? The account that your ASP.NET
code is running as needs the rights to do whatever you're trying to do. Under
IIS5 it's the local ASPNET account. Under IIS6 it's the local Network Service
account.

Ray5531

Actually the problem was that I did not creat the Installet class properly
so Gacutil was unable to create the right permissions for my ASPNET user.

Thanks for your help