TableAdapter Problem

GaryDean

I'm comparing use of DataView -> ObjectDataSource -> TableAdapter to
DataView -> SqlDataSource using the Customers table on the NorthWind
database.

The SQL given to both wizards is:
SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName, ContactName, ContactTitle, Address,
City, Region, PostalCode, Country, Phone, Fax
FROM Customers

But the two wizards generate different UPDATE statements (Pasted below) and
I see the TableAdapter is trying to set the CustomerID Key which looks
wrong. The problem here is that the TableAdapter does not work saying that
it can't fine a generic Update statement with the correct parameters.

Why is the TableAdapter wizard generating bad Update SQL ??

ObjectDataSource:
UPDATE Customers SET CustomerID = @CustomerID, CompanyName =
@CompanyName, ContactName = @ContactName, ContactTitle = @ContactTitle,
Address = @Address, City = @City, Region = @Region, PostalCode =
@PostalCode, Country = @Country, Phone = @Phone, Fax = @Fax
WHERE (CustomerID = @Original_CustomerID)

SqlDataSource:
UPDATE [Customers] SET [CompanyName] = @CompanyName, [ContactName] =
@ContactName, [ContactTitle] = @ContactTitle,
[Address] = @Address, [City] = @City, [Region] = @Region, [PostalCode] =
@PostalCode, [Country] = @Country, [Phone] = @Phone, [Fax] = @Fax
WHERE [CustomerID] = @CustomerID">

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your posting.

Regarding on this issue, I've noticed that you've posted another duplicated
thread

"TableAdapter generates bad SQL" in the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

Our member Kevin has replied you in that thread and will continue to work
with you there. I'd appreciate if you have a look there, and if you have
any further questions, please feel free to post there.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead