  1. Any recommendations on a editior/IDE for programming in python?

    I'm using windows xp.

    Thanks

    djanvk@gmail..com, Aug 12, 2005

  2. Simon Brunning, Aug 12, 2005

  3. Also, it depends on what you're trying to do. GUI, Web, Service-type apps, etc.

    I have started using Stan's Python Editor (www.stani.be) because I like the
    general features it offers. It does require wxpython to run, though. I've also
    used Boa Constructor and DrPython - both pretty good environments. I believe
    that they are both dependent on wxpython as well.

    Some people like Eric - now available for XP using PyQt under the Qt GPL'd
    version. I had a little trouble with it running correctly - probably due to a
    config issue on my part. I will admit to not spending a lot of time with it,
    though.

    If you don't need the GUI IDE, there are a whole bunch of options available.
    More than I'm able to delve into properly.

    Best answer is to play around a little with the different IDE's and find the one
    that works for your coding style. Also, check the archives for this group. This
    topic has come up quite a bit recently.

    -Pete

    Peter A. Schott, Aug 12, 2005
  4. THanks for the information and the review..

    djanvk@gmail..com, Aug 12, 2005
  5. djanvk@gmail..com

    Guest

    , Aug 13, 2005