Text/IDE Python Editor?

djanvk

Any recommendations on a editior/IDE for programming in python?

I'm using windows xp.

Thanks

Peter A. Schott

Also, it depends on what you're trying to do. GUI, Web, Service-type apps, etc.

I have started using Stan's Python Editor (www.stani.be) because I like the
general features it offers. It does require wxpython to run, though. I've also
used Boa Constructor and DrPython - both pretty good environments. I believe
that they are both dependent on wxpython as well.

Some people like Eric - now available for XP using PyQt under the Qt GPL'd
version. I had a little trouble with it running correctly - probably due to a
config issue on my part. I will admit to not spending a lot of time with it,
though.

If you don't need the GUI IDE, there are a whole bunch of options available.
More than I'm able to delve into properly.

Best answer is to play around a little with the different IDE's and find the one
that works for your coding style. Also, check the archives for this group. This
topic has come up quite a bit recently.

-Pete

djanvk

THanks for the information and the review..