The best way to make a generic report page that use a web service that's indicated in a xml config f

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Pablo Gutierrez, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. (I posted this message again since I think the first did not get published)
    Hello,

    I'd like someone tell me the best way of doing this:

    I am programming a generic report aspx page that will read one of several
    configuration xml files according to a parameter passed thought the URL.

    i.e. if the page is called pReport.aspx?report=eaf it will read a
    configuration file called eaf.xml.

    The eaf.xml will tell the aspx page which web service must be called to get
    the data for that report.

    For example:

    <root>
    <webservice>http://example.com/webservices/production.asmx</webservice>
    <items>
    </items>
    </root>

    Then the Page_Load function of the pReport.aspx page will call the indicated
    webservice. How can I call the web service using the URL?

    Is there a better way of making this functionality?

    Regards,

    Pablo.
    Pablo Gutierrez, Oct 28, 2003