The Include file '../main.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory.

Marvin

Hi I get this message.

The Include file '../main.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent
directory.

I think it is refering to the fact that I have a file called
communication.asp, and in that file there is a line:
<!-- #include file=../main.asp -->
This LINE should not contain '..' to indicate the parent directory

On the other hand, reading the message as it is written, we see that it
says:

The include FILE called main.asp has a line that uses '..' to indicate the
parent directory.

Please help ------it is maddening.......

Rob Greene

Enabling "Parent Paths" exposes your Web Server to attachs from the bad guys. A better solution would be to change your code to not use
the parent paths.

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!