The IP of a XMLRPC-Caller

Henrik Ronellenfitsch

Hello,
is there any way to get the caller's IP in my XMLRPC-method?

Thanks,
Henrik

Scott Rubin

Henrik said:
Hello,
is there any way to get the caller's IP in my XMLRPC-method?

Thanks,
Henrik

I don't know the answer to this, but I would also like to know. But I'm curious
what you want to use it for? Personally I want to use XMLRPC to make it to make
it so pages on my web server can query information from my own personal pc, but
I want to make sure that only my server can do this and not random people on the
net.

-Scott

Daniel Berger

Scott said:
I don't know the answer to this, but I would also like to know. But I'm curious
what you want to use it for? Personally I want to use XMLRPC to make it to make
it so pages on my web server can query information from my own personal pc, but
I want to make sure that only my server can do this and not random people on the
net.

-Scott

For this see XMLRPC::Server#get_valid_ip and
XMLRPC::Server#set_valid_ip.

Regards,

Dan

Henrik Ronellenfitsch

Hello,

Daniel said:
For this see XMLRPC::Server#get_valid_ip and
XMLRPC::Server#set_valid_ip.

Regards,

Dan

That doesn't help me, though, because I have to connect to the caller to
send him some data (e.g. a file).
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Henrik

Sam Roberts

Quoteing (e-mail address removed), on Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 02:31:13PM +0900:
That doesn't help me, though, because I have to connect to the caller to
send him some data (e.g. a file).
Any other ideas?

Have the caller tell you his IP?

Sam

Henrik Ronellenfitsch

Sam said:
Have the caller tell you his IP?

That's a possibility, but the caller probably sits behind a NAT so he
could only give his local address.
But thanks,

Henrik