    and then passes them to the presentation layer. This, howver is only two
    layers, I am a bit unsure how best to split the backend into business and
    data access logic.
    Chris Kennedy, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Chris Kennedy

    dlbjr Guest

    My view on this:

    Layer 1 = Data from many legacy systems
    Layer 2 = Functions and Applied Business Logic = Preferred in Stored Procedures on separate system
    linked to all data locations..
    Layer 3 = Presentation. (XML can be returned from the stored procedure calls in Microsoft SQL and
    Oracle.)

    This works well for reports. The xml solutions gets challenging on forms and third party charting.

    'dlbjr
    'Pleading sagacious indoctrination!
    dlbjr, Apr 12, 2005