Time syncrhonization at server and client machine which uses WSE

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Indiresh, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. Indiresh

    Indiresh Guest

    Hi friends,

    I am stuck with a problem. I have a C#.NET based web service program which
    acts as the server program and a client program, both the programs residing
    at different locations. I am passing parameters using WSE methods, from
    client program to server program and viceversa.

    Say for ex, the server program has the system time of 10:00 AM and the
    client program has the system time of -5 hours to the server program. now,
    when i want to login to my client program, i have to pass on my username and
    password to the server program. In doing so, since there is a time difference
    of -5 hours, and i get back an error saying "Creation time can not be in the
    future".

    I put up the following code at the server program to resolve this issue..but
    it is giving syntax errors.

    <configuration>
    <microsoft.web.services2>

    <security>
    <defaultTtlInSeconds>86400</defaultTtlInSeconds>
    <timeToleranceInSeconds>86400</timeToleranceInSeconds>
    </security>

    </microsoft.web.services2>

    </configuration>

    Please let me know if there are any other methods to resolve this problem or
    any other configuration settings to be done!

    Thanks,
    Indiresh.
    Indiresh, Aug 31, 2005