tix suite of applications

marvin

hi-

can you use tix to write large programs? i noticed there hasnt been a post
on the tix forum since 2003. is there a more popular way to make a gui
with python and tkinter i am missing? i dont want to use wxpython because
i hate the style of the reference manual. it is c++ style (not for the
light weight people).

i wrote an application in tcl using another gui builder and my code is 100k
total for the gui and non-gui parts . is it easy with tix and using python
to create larger applications that are easily maintainable. do you think
making things object oriented with python helps when creating larger
programs? the other gui builder i used in tcl had a global namespace and
things werent object oriented. it was very procedural.

i am lucky to be able to use any language and tool. i might get lucky
and use ibobjects with delphi and firebird. if that falls through i have
to decide between python and tcl and a gui builder.

thank you,
marvin