TODAY April 4 -Guido & Python 3000 @ Global FSW Voice MeetingBerkeleyTIP -Linus,Guido,Shuttleworth..

Discussion in 'Python' started by john_re, Apr 4, 2009.

  1. john_re

    john_re Guest

    Guido - Python 3000 video.
    5PM Python hour

    Anyone: Please email me or the BTIP list if you know of any recent
    (past 12 months) Python videos. Thanks. :)

    Join with the friendly, productive, Global FSW community,
    in the _TWICE_ monthly, Voice over internet meeting,
    BerkeleyTIP-Global. GNU(Linux) & BSD, Free SW, HW & FreeCulture,
    Talks Installfest Project/ProgrammingParty

    NEW- _TWO_ monthly day long meetings- 10AM-6PM Pacific (GMT -8H) time,
    = 1P - 9P Eastern = 6PM - 2AM (Sat to Sunday) GMT
    Join in as short or long as you like.
    1st Saturday - April 4 ***** TODAY *****
    3rd Sunday - April 20

    ===== LOCATION - ONLINE, IN YOUR AREA, OR AT U. California Berkeley
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/directions

    ===== NEW VIDEOS:
    Linux Torvalds - GIT
    Mark Shuttleworth - Debian & Ubuntu - Debian & Derived Distros
    Krafft Shuttleworth Levsen - Debian Derivers Roundtable
    Fabricio Cannini - Debian High Performance clusters and supercomputers
    Guido Van Rossum - Python 3000
    BestTech LAMPR - Get Started with Ruby on Rails in < 5 minutes
    Culture - Professor Wikipedia - The funniest video of the year.
    [Citation needed.]

    [Thanks to all the speakers, videographers, & organizations. :)
    Please excuse if I mistyped names. <8-0
    I hereby invite the speakers to attend BTIP for Q&A & discussion.
    Please notify the speakers if you know how to contact them, thanks. :) ]

    Download the videos & watch them before or during the meeting.
    Join online during the relevant topic hour to discuss each video.
    [See below for longer talk descriptions.]
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/talk-videos

    ===== YOU GIVE A 5 MINUTE LIGHTNING TALK
    4 PM. Let us know in advance what you'd like to talk about. :)

    ===== NEW MEETING COMPONENTS
    FREE CULTURE - Wikipedia, Creative Commons, etc

    COLLEGE MAJORS
    Business, Medicine, Law, Engineering,
    Art/Lit/Science/Social/Psych/Humanities/LiberalArts, etc

    SOFTWARE: Games

    ===== SCHEDULE / AGENDA 10AM - 6PM Pacific time (= GMT - 8 Hours)
    TIME TOPIC / ACTIVITY
    10 A Set up. Get on IRC & VOIP
    11 A Installfest; Ekiga3
    12 N Asterisk, OLPC, Games;
    PROGRAMMING PARTY: VOIP Conference client & server
    1 P Xen, Virtualbox; LAMPR - Database; Law; GNU
    2 P KDE & GNOME; Macintosh; FreeCulture: Wikipedia,CreativeCommons
    3 P Debian; BSD; College & University groups; Business
    4 P LIGHTNING TALKS; Ubuntu
    Hardware- Ex: OpenMoko Phone; Medicine
    5 P Art/Literature/Music; Python; INetWebDev;
    Local simultaneous meetings arrangements for next meeting

    ===== Voice/VOIP CONFERENCE MEETING TECHNOLOGY
    Join in on IRC, & we'll help you get on VOIP. :)

    IRC: #BerkeleyTIP, irc.freenode.net
    Hardware: VOIP Headset- (USB recommended for echo cancellation?)
    Software: Ekiga(GnomeMeeting) recommended. SIP
    VOIP server: Ekiga.net
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

    ===== LOCATION GROWTH: GREAT PROGRESS
    In March we QUADRUPLED our international attendance. :) Welcome :)
    GLOBAL: Germany, England, Iran, India
    US: So far: Hawaii, California, Washington, Michigan, Virgina,
    NCarolina
    When will your state or country 1st join in???

    ===== PROJECT / PROGRAMMING PARTY
    Work on your own project, or the group project.

    Share details of your project on IRC, VOIP & the mailing list. Invite
    others to join in your project.

    Or, work on the group project - Learning about & Improving Ekiga,
    Asterisk, & our VOIP conference system/technology.

    http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

    ===== THANKS, HOPE YOU JOIN; FOR FORWARDING
    I hope you join in the meeting. :)

    Join by yourself, or invite your friends over & have a party. Have a
    party at your home, or at a local to you location - a WiFi cafe, or at a
    college or university is a great place for a meeting. :)

    You are invited to forward this message wherever appropriate - Ex:
    perhaps your local meeting group (LUG, etc), or whatever, if you see
    this on a global mailing list.

    ===== VIDEOS - MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS:
    3 from DebConf08:
    1) Fabricio Cannini - Debian High Performance clusters and
    supercomputers, 1hr

    2) Mark Shuttleworth on Debian and Ubuntu - Keynote current state of
    collaboration between Debian and Ubuntu, progress made, and new
    opportunities for collaboration and development.

    3) Debian Derivers Roundtable discussion - prominent developers of
    Debian-derived works, including Martin (Debian Edu). 1hr

    Linus Torvalds on Git - Git is a rewrite from scratch concurrent
    versioning system that Linus wrote to replace cvs, subversion (svn) and
    other versioning systems used in large collaborative software
    development. Benefits, drawbacks and insufficiencies of other versioning
    systems in common use. Google Tech Talks

    Guido Van Rossum, Python 3000, Google, 1h 25m

    Topic LAMPR: Get Started with Ruby on Rails in less than five minutes -
    BestTech

    Free Culture - Professor Wikipedia - CollegeHumor -
    A short but interesting take on Wikipedia, and the side effect of anyone
    being able to edit the content. Listen as Professor Wikipedia alters his
    lecture presumably because people are "changing" his lecture behind the
    scenes. The funniest video of the year. [Citation needed.] 02:55

    john_re, Apr 4, 2009