    I forgot my password. Is there an XML file i can look at to remember/obtain
    (possibly even set).
    Thanks
    D E, May 7, 2004

  2. D E

    Murray Guest

    "D E" <> wrote in message
    news:hnOmc.17400$...
    > When using my web application manager
    > (http://localhost:8080/admin)
    > I forgot my password. Is there an XML file i can look at to

    remember/obtain
    > (possibly even set).
    > Thanks

    Check tomcat-users.xml in the conf directory
    Murray, May 7, 2004

  3. D E

    D E Guest

    "Murray" <4Mnet.com.au> wrote in message

    > "D E" <> wrote in message
    > > When using my web application manager
    > > (http://localhost:8080/admin)
    > > I forgot my password. Is there an XML file i can look at to

    > remember/obtain
    > > (possibly even set).
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Check tomcat-users.xml in the conf directory

    Ok i used the name/password found there with role "tomcat" (default name/pw
    = tomcat/tomcat) and it didn't work. now when i go to the url
    http:localhost:8080/admin, i get a httpstatus 403 (access to specified
    resource has been forbidden)....

    How do i "reset" this...

    Was that the correct role? If this helps, here is a copy of my
    tomcat-users.xml file..

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    <tomcat-users>
    <role rolename="tomcat"/>
    <role rolename="role1"/>
    <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
    <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
    <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
    </tomcat-users>
    D E, May 7, 2004
  4. D E

    Murray Guest

    > Was that the correct role? If this helps, here is a copy of my
    > tomcat-users.xml file..
    >
    > <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    > <tomcat-users>
    > <role rolename="tomcat"/>
    > <role rolename="role1"/>
    > <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
    > <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
    > <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
    > </tomcat-users>

    Add this:

    <role name="admin"/>
    <user name="admin" password="whatever" roles="admin"/>
    Murray, May 7, 2004
  5. D E

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    > > Was that the correct role? If this helps, here is a copy of my
    > > tomcat-users.xml file..
    > >
    > > <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    > > <tomcat-users>
    > > <role rolename="tomcat"/>
    > > <role rolename="role1"/>
    > > <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
    > > <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
    > > <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
    > > </tomcat-users>

    > Add this:
    >
    > <role name="admin"/>
    > <user name="admin" password="whatever" roles="admin"/>

    I believe to access the manager, you need the "manager" role, and it's
    "rolename" and "username", not just "name", so for a user that can access
    both the admin and manager tools:
    <role rolename="manager" />
    <role rolename="admin" />
    <user username="yourUserName" password="yourPassword"
    roles="admin,manager" />

    I'm not sure what the "tomcat" role is, but I don't think it's related to
    either the admin or manager tool.
    Ryan Stewart, May 8, 2004
  6. D E

    Web Surfer Guest

    [This followup was posted to comp.lang.java.programmer]

    In article <hnOmc.17400$>,
    says...
    > When using my web application manager
    > (http://localhost:8080/admin)
    > I forgot my password. Is there an XML file i can look at to remember/obtain
    > (possibly even set).
    > Thanks

    Check the "conf/tomcat-users.xml" file under your Tomcat distribution.
    Web Surfer, May 8, 2004
  7. D E

    rinuthomas

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Just add this
    <tomcat-users>
    <user name="username" password="password" roles="manager-gui" />
    rinuthomas, May 21, 2012