Tomcat error - internal error: SHA-1 not available .

June Moore

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can explain the following error that I
encountered in Tomcat Manager..

When webapp is started on Tomcat Manager, the following error is
displayed:
<error>
FAIL - Application at context path /juneapp could not be started
FAIL - Encountered exception java.lang.InternalError: internal error:
SHA-1 not available.
</error>

The following is the exception when attempt is made to start the
application..
<exception>
WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1071)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1329)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1289)
at java.security.Security.doGetImpl(Security.java:1122)
at java.security.Security.doGetImpl(Security.java:1083)
</exception>

Thanks,
June..