Tomcat, Mozilla and session cookies

Animanera

It is very strange.

I've three servers, that I'll call A, B, C.

A is local. My Servlet runs ok with any browser.
B is remote. My Servlet runs ok with any browser yet.
C is remote. My Servlet runs ok with IE, but not with Mozilla and Opera.
The problem is that session cookies expire immediately on first
(internal) link, return true on session.isNew() (while the cookie was
created!). Therefore I think that the problem is on headers that Tomcat
send to my browser...but what are they?

Thanks in advance.
Bye, Animanera.

NOBODY

I've three servers, that I'll call A, B, C.
A is local. My Servlet runs ok with any browser.
B is remote. My Servlet runs ok with any browser yet.
C is remote. My Servlet runs ok with IE, but not with Mozilla and Opera.
The problem is that session cookies expire immediately on first
(internal) link, return true on session.isNew() (while the cookie was
created!). Therefore I think that the problem is on headers that Tomcat
send to my browser...but what are they?

1-Use live http headers mozilla extension. May I suggest 0.8, not the
latest. Feel like the latest has more bugs!
http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/index.html

2-check systems dates.

3-check mozilla cookies manager (all, originating server, none?,
exclusions/iclusions)

4-server side: how do you get the session? request.getSession(false or
true?). Is there any forgotten servlet filter doing bad things like closing
session?

5-if no cokies yet, tomcat login mecanism will probably do uri rewriting,
redirects, use referrers etc... Check all that is fine. Tomcat 4 and 5 are
both fine with mozilla, for all I can tell.

hiwa

Animanera said:
It is very strange.

I've three servers, that I'll call A, B, C.

A is local. My Servlet runs ok with any browser.
B is remote. My Servlet runs ok with any browser yet.
C is remote. My Servlet runs ok with IE, but not with Mozilla and Opera.
The problem is that session cookies expire immediately on first
(internal) link, return true on session.isNew() (while the cookie was
created!). Therefore I think that the problem is on headers that Tomcat
send to my browser...but what are they?

Thanks in advance.
Bye, Animanera.

You don't call response.setHeader() explicitly???

Animanera

NOBODY said:
1-Use live http headers mozilla extension. May I suggest 0.8, not the
latest. Feel like the latest has more bugs!
http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/index.html

Thank you! I was finding a similar thing for all the day!
5-if no cokies yet, tomcat login mecanism will probably do uri rewriting,
redirects, use referrers etc... Check all that is fine. Tomcat 4 and 5 are
both fine with mozilla, for all I can tell.

Problem resolved! It was a bastard "www" that was added by the server.
Redirecting the access form to the www.name.com directly I resolved the
problem.

Thanks to all!
Bye, Animanera :)