    Is there any tool for browsing python code? (I'm having a hard time
    trying to figure this out)
    Anything like cscope with vim would be great.
    Lucas P Melo, Jun 16, 2009

  2. Lucas P Melo

    Paul Boddie Guest

    On 16 Jun, 14:48, Lucas P Melo <> wrote:
    > Is there any tool for browsing python code? (I'm having a hard time
    > trying to figure this out)
    > Anything like cscope with vim would be great.

    Are you limiting your inquiry to text editors or IDEs, or are Web-
    based solutions also interesting? Often, convenient browsing tools
    index the code and try and provide reasonable links from the place
    where a particular name or symbol may be used to the definition of
    that name or symbol elsewhere in a system. Initially, for a Web-based
    code browser, I looked at LXR [1], but it seemed that OpenGrok [2] was
    probably a better solution except for the fact that it uses the usual
    Java parallel universe of Web and application servers.

    Meanwhile, there are pages on the python.org Wiki about IDEs, editors
    and documentation tools, all of which might be relevant here:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/DevelopmentTools

    Paul

    [1] http://lxr.linux.no/
    [2] http://opensolaris.org/os/project/opengrok/