    feature?

    Thanks Markus

    , May 11, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
    > schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
    > feature?

    Here is an article
    <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302296.aspx> that shows how
    to do it with the .NET framework 2.0.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, May 11, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
    > schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
    > feature?

    Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
    other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
    documents that conform to that schema), ...?

    Joe Kesselman, May 11, 2007

    > Here is an article
    > <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302296.aspx> that shows how
    > to do it with the .NET framework 2.0.

    Thank you, but if there is already a free tool that supports the
    feature graphically, I'll rather save my time to do it by my own ;-)

    , May 11, 2007

    > Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
    > other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
    > documents that conform to that schema), ...?

    Sorry for not being that precise. I mean "edit" in the sense of
    helping an user interactively build documents that are valid to a
    specific schema.

    , May 11, 2007

    On 11 mei, 14:04, wrote:
    > > Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
    > > other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
    > > documents that conform to that schema), ...?

    > Sorry for not being that precise. I mean "edit" in the sense of
    > helping an user interactively build documents that are valid to a
    > specific schema.

    I have made a freeware XML editor that can generate XML files orm a
    xsd:
    - right click the xsd in the filetree and choose "Generate XML".
    You can then validate (click the validate button) the generated XML
    and you will be guided (by error messages and by the editor itself) to
    make a valid XML. It will help to display the schema tree structure
    while you are editing the xml; you can do this by again right-clicking
    the xsd and choosing "Show schema in tree".
    See XMLSpear at http://www.donkeydevelopment.com

    , May 11, 2007