tooltip for linkbutton

JohnE

Have a gridview with a linkbutton on it that shows the ID number of the
record. I need to reference it inside of a tooltip. An example would be
"Click to view the detail for ... ". The linkbutton with the ID on it would
be needed.

How would it be referenced?

John

Mark Rae [MVP]

Have a gridview with a linkbutton on it that shows the ID number of the
record. I need to reference it inside of a tooltip. An example would be
"Click to view the detail for ... ". The linkbutton with the ID on it
would
be needed.

How would it be referenced?

I'd almost certainly do this as the GridView is being bound, i.e. in the
RowDataBound method. That way, you can simply pull the value out of the
DataRow directly without needing to reference any controls...

JohnE

That's the info I needed. I am using the RowDataBound but made a change to
the gridview and because of it some of the tooltips weren't showing the ID
number any longer and I was stumped on the referencing a linkbutton.
Thanks.
John