    Anyone know if you can do this?

    Thanks

    SC

    Guest, Apr 14, 2004

  2. You can't. This is a local machine setting.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to change the "fadeout" of a tooltip? In other words,

    it'll
    > display for about 10 seconds which may or may not be long enough for a

    user
    > to read the tooltip. I'd like to programatically adjust it if possible,

    and

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 14, 2004

  3. In IE you can use tooltip.htc behavior, and adjust it for you needs.

    Maxim Kazitov, Apr 14, 2004
  4. You are correct, Maxim. My apologies for the misinformation.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 15, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Can this be changed from inside the codebehind?

    What I'd like to do is display a tooltip for the same item, but saying
    different things depending on the access level of the user as he enters the
    page. For some user levels, I want the tooltip to display longer, but could
    live with it if I could only choose it to be a length throughout the site.

    I have an existing dotnet website, what do you need to add to the project?
    If I add the tooltip_js.htc and the tooltip_vbs.htc to the project, where
    are they added?

    SC

    Guest, Apr 15, 2004
  6. Well, as you should know by now, I haven't worked with tooltips much in web
    applications, but I did find the following MSDN article which may be of help
    to you:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/behaviors/library/tooltip/tooltip.asp

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 15, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Yes - that's the one I'm looking at as well.

    Wasn't sure where the pages needed to go, or if the script needed to be
    yanked into the aspx portion of the page I was working on. Wasn't sure if
    the htc file took over settings for the entire project or not.

    Guest, Apr 15, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Maxim:

    Guest, Apr 15, 2004
  9. I'm running into this issue as well. Can anyone provide a more detailed response on what you need to do. I need to change the Tooltip.Duration, but I don't know if its simply a line of code or if I need to include a file.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?=, Jun 21, 2004