Transfer mode Streamed is not supported by ReliableSessionBindingElement.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by pbd22, Nov 27, 2009.

  1. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    Hi.

    I am designing a duplex channel wcf service using netTcpBinding.
    Currently, when I compile my class library, I am getting the following
    error:

    **

    Transfer mode Streamed is not supported by
    ReliableSessionBindingElement.

    **

    Below is my App.config:

    <service behaviorConfiguration="transferServiceBehavior"
    name="API.FileTransfer.FileTransferService">
    <endpoint address="json"
    behaviorConfiguration="WebHttpEPBehavior"
    binding="webHttpBinding"
    bindingConfiguration="jsonWeb"
    name="MyJSONFileTransferEP"

    contract="API.FileTransfer.IJSONFileTransferService" />
    <endpoint address="pox"
    behaviorConfiguration="WebHttpEPBehavior"
    binding="webHttpBinding"
    bindingConfiguration="poxWeb"
    name="MyPOXFileTransferEP"
    contract="API.FileTransfer.IPOXFileTransferService" /

    <endpoint address="soap"
    behaviorConfiguration="NetTcpEPBehavior"
    binding="netTcpBinding"
    bindingConfiguration="netTcpWeb"
    name="MySOAPFileTransferEP"
    contract="API.FileTransfer.ISOAPFileTransferService" /

    <endpoint address="mex"
    binding="mexTcpBinding"
    bindingConfiguration=""
    contract="IMetadataExchange" />
    <host>
    <baseAddresses>
    <add baseAddress="http://localhost:2544/filetransfer/" />
    <add baseAddress="net.tcp://localhost:2544/filetransfer/" /

    </baseAddresses>
    </host>
    </service>

    Since I am designing a duplex channel service, I have SessionMode =
    SessionMode.Required:

    [ServiceContract(Namespace = "API.FileTransfer",
    CallbackContract = typeof(ISOAPFileTransferCallback),
    SessionMode = SessionMode.Required)]
    public interface ISOAPFileTransferService
    {

    The error I am getting is referring to my custom binding which has
    both reliableSession and compositeDuplex binding elements:

    <customBinding>
    <binding name="netTcpCustom"
    closeTimeout="00:01:00"
    openTimeout="00:01:00"
    receiveTimeout="00:10:00"
    sendTimeout="00:01:00">
    <reliableSession />
    <compositeDuplex />
    <oneWay />
    <windowsStreamSecurity protectionLevel="None" />
    <mtomMessageEncoding />
    <tcpTransport maxBufferPoolSize="524288"
    maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"
    connectionBufferSize="8192"
    hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard"
    channelInitializationTimeout="00:01:00"
    maxBufferSize="2147483647"
    maxPendingConnections="20"
    maxOutputDelay="00:00:00.2000000"
    maxPendingAccepts="5"
    transferMode="Streamed"
    listenBacklog="20"
    portSharingEnabled="false"
    teredoEnabled="false">
    <connectionPoolSettings groupName="default"
    leaseTimeout="00:05:00"
    idleTimeout="00:02:00"
    maxOutboundConnectionsPerEndpoint="20" />
    </tcpTransport>
    </binding>
    </customBinding>

    After some searching, I found out that you cannot use streaming when
    using reliable messaging (WS-RM). This is because WS-RM needs to apply
    signing/checksums to the whole message as a unity, etc; and this is
    not possible when streamed transferMode, only with buffered
    transferMode.

    Since I am designing a duplex binding channel and I am using this
    service for the upload of large files, i need transferMode = streamed
    AND the reliable session binding element.

    Does anybody know how to attack this? Can you show me how it is done?

    Thanks in advance.
    pbd22, Nov 27, 2009

  2. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    I believe the answer to this is "can't be done" unless anybody out
    there has knowledge to the contrary.
    pbd22, Nov 29, 2009