TreeVew Web control not supported?

Bob Rundle

On the MSDN website there is a tutorial and other material regarding the
TreeView WebControl. There is also a bright red line at the top of the
document that says the IE WebControls are not supported.

Why are they not supported? Is there something I should know about them
before I try to use them. They don't seem to be shipped in VS 2003 although
this material I have been reading seems to imply they were at one time.

Regards,
Bob Rundle

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

They aren't supported because they suck!

Not really, Microsoft simply considers their architecture in a state of
flux - more than likely the architecture may change. and it has. enough to
make technical support for them an excercise in futility.

I've not seen a question which couldn't be answered about the treeview
control in the newsgroups so there is lots of help for them, even from MS
folk perusing this newsgroup. There are some shortcomings, once you know
what they are, you can work around them.