treeview and AspNetHostingPermission problem?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by bobh, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. bobh

    bobh Guest

    Hi,

    We have created a simple treeview control on an asp.net page with a couple
    of nodes and it works okay on our development PC. When we try it on the live
    server we get the error below. We have the webcontrols.dll in the bin
    directory of our web application. When we try the basic page without the
    treeview control, we don't get the error.

    Can anyone shed any light as to what might be going wrong? Is it something
    to do with the webcontrols.dll and permissions somewhere?

    Many thanks

    Bob

    ______________________
    Server Error in '/OurApplicationName' Application.
    Security Exception

    by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file. Exception Details:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
    System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

    Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of
    the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of

    Stack Trace: [SecurityException: Request for the permission of type

    System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.]
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
    Boolean ignoreCase) +
    System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +34
    System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName,
    IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +193
    System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType(String tagName, IDictionary
    attribs) +16
    System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String tagName,
    IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder
    parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, String sourceFileName, Type&childType)
    +90
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText)
    +1118
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text) +722
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, String
    virtualPath, String basePhysicalDir) +102

    bobh, Mar 22, 2005