    What can I do to speed up the loading process. The tree is static once it's
    been created the first time.

    TIA - Jeff.

    Mufasa, Jun 11, 2007

  2. Mufasa

    lwhitb1 Guest

    On Jun 11, 10:13 am, "Mufasa" <> wrote:
    > I have a TreeView with about 300 nodes in it. Each has about 1-2 children.
    > It takes something like 30 seconds to load the treeview. The actual SQL
    > behind is it very fast. It seems like it's the creating in the browser ( the
    > actual adding of the nodes seems to be pretty quick. )
    >
    > What can I do to speed up the loading process. The tree is static once it's
    > been created the first time.
    >
    > TIA - Jeff.

    The TreeView contol comes with a "Populate On Demand" feature that
    will allow users to fill branches of the tree as they are expanded.
    One thing you could do is Filter your "300" nodes, and set the
    PropertyOnDemand to true on those filtered nodes. That way instead of
    filling the whole tree when the page loads, you it will just load the
    nodes on demand.

    lwhitb1, Jun 11, 2007