turn off autoformat

Eirik Eldorsen

Is it possible to completely turn off autoformat in visual studio 2003? In
the options, I've unchecked autoformat when save and autoformat on switch
between design/html. But that does not stop Visual Studio from reformatting
my page when I drag and drop web form elements.

Eirik Eldorsen

Eirik Eldorsen

Yeah, thats what I'm doing too now, and it sucks. I'm really looking forward
to VS 2005!

"Ryan Riddell" wrote in message

Welman Jordan

It really sucks.
I would rather code the layout with EditPlus.

--
Best Regards,
W. Jordan

: Yeah, thats what I'm doing too now, and it sucks. I'm really looking
forward
: to VS 2005!
:
: "Ryan Riddell" wrote in message
: > I have not been able to find a way to do this in VS.NET 2002 or 2003.
The
: > good news is that in VS.NET 2005 (out in about 6 - 10 months) it doesn't
: > change your code AT ALL!
: >
: > A work around I use now. I usually just don't use design view.
However,
: if
: > I need to I copy the html to a new instance of handy NotePad. Then I
make
: > the changes in design view and switch back to HTML view. I find the new
: > parts and copy / paste them into the NotePad backup. Then copy all of
: > NotePad and paste it back into VS.NET. I know this method stinks, but
it
: > works.
:
: