    iframes? to display a different page in each?

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    Gram.

    Gram, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Gram

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Gram wrote:
    > I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
    > attribute. This works fine.
    > Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
    > iframes? to display a different page in each?

    Not with iframes. You can however create a frameset with two frames and load
    that frameset with the link.
    Disadvantages of frames are great. Iframes are even worse. Try to solve the
    problem with div boxes.
    Good luck, Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Gram

    Kris Guest

    In article <YUI7b.31249$>,
    "Gram" <> wrote:

    > I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
    > attribute. This works fine.

    For changing the page in the iframe, yes.

    > Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
    > iframes? to display a different page in each?

    No without JavaScript. And that would make your page structurally
    inaccessible to non-JavaScript browsers. (unless duplication of content
    to an extreme is an option, but that is unlikely)

    However, you can load a different page that contains the same two
    iframes, except with different sources to load each. I hear you think,
    "what is the use of iframes then?". Good point.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Gram

    Gram Guest

    Thanks Guys,

    Got it working using onCLick

    Thanks again.

    Gram.

    Gram, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Gram

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Gram wrote:
    > Gram wrote

    >> I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
    >> attribute. This works fine.
    >> Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
    >> iframes? to display a different page in each?

    > Got it working using onCLick

    Bad solution. About 10-15% of visitors has JS disabled.
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Gram

    Gram Guest

    Its okay, because its not a general webpage, its a piece of software in an
    intranet.

    Gram, Sep 12, 2003