two simultaneous tomcat sessions for the same user

michel carriere

We have a core application which uses one Tomcat session. I have been
asked to develop another servlet which must run under it's own Tomcat
session. I want/need to do the development and run both the core
application and the second (the servlet) on my NT box simultaneously as
the same user. How do i get the second tomcat session to run (presumably
on a different port) with the same user simultaneously?

am new to this and need your assistance.

thanks very much in advance.

michel

Jose Rubio

When you say session, do you mean an instance of the server? If so, are they
running the same web application?

IF this is only for testing, when you deploy this application will both
instances run on the same server, or on different ones? If they are running
in different machines, and running the same web application you should look
into an application server like JBoss that provides more features rather
than a plain servlet container like Tomcat.

Jose

michel carriere

we are trying to set up one servlet container talking to another servlet
container. THey are separate, distinct sessions and in the real world
would be running on two separate machines. I am trying to get it to work
on my standalone PC for testing and development. any suggestions?

michel