    I am getting "Permission Denied" and the "General access denied error "
    error.

    Can you please some code samples or solution for the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YXJhbWFuLlM=?=, Jan 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YXJhbWFuLlM=?=

    David Jessee Guest

    the System.DirectoryServices namespace has what you need
    the permission denied error comes in because the default WindowsPrincipal
    that is used is machine\ASPNET. the ways around it are:

    1) in your web.config, change to <identity impersonate="true"/> then the
    user can make the changes assuming they have the permissions
    2) in your web.config, change to <identity impersonate="true"
    userName="domain\usr" password="pwd"/> then the specified account will be
    used instead of the ASPNET account
    3) go to the microsoft site and download aspnet_setreg so that you can put
    the account information for the app in the registry.

    I use #3 for everything. Every application that we create runs under a
    seperate identity. Your network services group shouldn't have a problem
    creating an Applitaion account for you, assuming that you can justify it.

    David Jessee, Jan 20, 2005