    I am getting "Permission Denied" and the "General access denied error "
    error.

    Can you please some code samples or solution for the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YXJhbWFuLlM=?=, Jan 19, 2005

  2. David Jessee

    David Jessee Guest

    the System.DirectoryServices namespace has what you need
    the permission denied error comes in because the default WindowsPrincipal
    that is used is machine\ASPNET. the ways around it are:

    1) in your web.config, change to <identity impersonate="true"/> then the
    user can make the changes assuming they have the permissions
    2) in your web.config, change to <identity impersonate="true"
    userName="domain\usr" password="pwd"/> then the specified account will be
    used instead of the ASPNET account
    3) go to the microsoft site and download aspnet_setreg so that you can put
    the account information for the app in the registry.

    I use #3 for everything. Every application that we create runs under a
    seperate identity. Your network services group shouldn't have a problem
    creating an Applitaion account for you, assuming that you can justify it.

    David Jessee, Jan 20, 2005