undoing the close operation of internet explorer

bharath.0523

hi,

I have developed a multithreaded MFC activeX control, which i host on
the Internet Explorer.
when i click on the close button of the Internet Explorer i.e., when
the user decides to end the application, I perform a check to see
whether any threads are still active. If so, I display a message
asking the user if he really wants to quit. If he clicks on 'NO' then
i should be able to revert back the entire operation, i.e., the
browser should not close itself, and the application should still
remain active.
can anybody help me with this?
waiting for a quick reply.

thanks and regards
bharath

mlimber

I have developed a multithreaded MFC activeX control, which i host on
the Internet Explorer.
when i click on the close button of the Internet Explorer i.e., when
the user decides to end the application, I perform a check to see
whether any threads are still active. If so, I display a message
asking the user if he really wants to quit. If he clicks on 'NO' then
i should be able to revert back the entire operation, i.e., the
browser should not close itself, and the application should still
remain active.
can anybody help me with this?
waiting for a quick reply.

You'll want to ask in a group that deals with Microsoft-specific
programming. This group deals with the standard C++ language itself,
not C++ programming in general. See this FAQ for a description of what
is on-topic here and for a partial list of other groups you might try:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

hi,

I have developed a multithreaded MFC activeX control, which i host on
the Internet Explorer.
when i click on the close button of the Internet Explorer i.e., when
the user decides to end the application, I perform a check to see
whether any threads are still active. If so, I display a message
asking the user if he really wants to quit. If he clicks on 'NO' then
i should be able to revert back the entire operation, i.e., the
browser should not close itself, and the application should still
remain active.
can anybody help me with this?
waiting for a quick reply.

Sorry, this is off-topic here, try microsoft.public.activex or one of
the subgroups. However a guess would be that you can not do that, if
an ActiveX control could prevent the closing of IE it could create all
sorts of trouble.

bharath.0523

Sorry, this is off-topic here, try microsoft.public.activex or one of
the subgroups. However a guess would be that you can not do that, if
an ActiveX control could prevent the closing of IE it could create all
sorts of trouble.

Thanks for all your help.

bharath