Uninstalled URLScan - Now ASP Fails

JS

I tested out URLScan on my system and then uninstalled it. Now I can no
longer run any ASP pages - always produces HTTP 500. No further
information. This is NOT a code error, this is a systemic error. HTML
pages work fine. If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it, would
prefer not to reinstall IIS. Yes, I've rebooted.

Here is a test page that fails:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
Response.Write "Test"
%>

Thanks in advance.
Jack

Ken Schaefer

Please turn off "Show Friendly HTTP Errors" in your copy of Internet
Explorer (tools -> options -> advanced) and reload page. Post the full error
message you see.

Cheers
Ken

:
: Here is a test page that fails:
:
: <%@ Language=VBScript %>
: <%
: Response.Write "Test"
: %>
:
: Thanks in advance.
: Jack
:
:

JS

Without Friendly Errors, I get the following:

"Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance."

Checking the System Event Log, I see the following:

DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was
unable to logon MYDOMAIN\myuser in order to run the server:
{3BF6F17C-DE7F-4DC8-B231-8FC5C1D8FC96}

And subsequently:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Projects/MYPROJECT'.
The error was 'The server process could not be started because the
configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.
'.

I checked Component Services and sure enough, that Web Application is set up
to run under my username rather than the system account. This is curious
since I've been working in this application for months and our Domain Policy
enforces changing passwords periodically which should have caused this
problem earlier. Hmm, anyway, just deleted the App under IIS Mgt and
recreated it and everything is working fine now.

Thanks.
Jack