Unit Testing Membership Provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by KEES, May 3, 2006.

  1. KEES

    KEES Guest

    Hi,

    I'm working on customized version of Membership Providers based on
    the recently released source code from Microsoft. I would like to unit
    test my provider, but finding it hard. I came across this Blog:
    http://blog.magenic.com/brante/archive/2005/10/20/2054.aspx and
    followed the approach. Still no luck, I'm not able to read the
    web.config from my unit test application. I tried replacing web.config
    with app.config and running into following error.

    Initialization method
    MyMembershipProvider.Tests.MySqlMembershipProviderTest.Init threw
    exception. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException:
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The configuration is
    read only...

    If there is other options available to unit test customized membership
    provider, or I'm I on the right track?

    Thanks,
    Kees

    KEES, May 3, 2006