Unix Printing

Greg Lindstrom

Hello,

I am about to write a script that will allow the users on my HP-9000 box to
list the contents of a directory and choose a file to print. I would then
like to show them a menu of printers configured on the box and allow them to
choose one (via the "old style" ASCII type menus). Before I go write the
beast, do any of you know if anything like that exists? In particular, can
I get a list of all of the printers configured on the HP-9000 running
HP-UNIX?

Thanks for your help,

--greg

Greg Lindstrom (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.W.

Tim Daneliuk

Greg said:
Hello,

I am about to write a script that will allow the users on my HP-9000 box to
list the contents of a directory and choose a file to print. I would then
like to show them a menu of printers configured on the box and allow them to
choose one (via the "old style" ASCII type menus). Before I go write the
beast, do any of you know if anything like that exists? In particular, can
I get a list of all of the printers configured on the HP-9000 running
HP-UNIX?

Thanks for your help,

--greg

Greg Lindstrom (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.W.

This may be of interest:

http://www.cups.org/

Tim Daneliuk