unrecognized ajax tag prefix

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carlos, Jun 3, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Hi all,

    I created a website using the AJAX calendar extender control under my
    local environment without any problems. However when I copied the website
    to a network drive, and rebuild it, I got the following error:

    Unknown server tag 'cc1:calendarextender'

    I have the following line on the page:
    <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"
    TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    However it does not help.

    I also added the following line to web.config

    <add namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
    tagPrefix="cc1"/>

    And it did not help either..

    Can someone help?

    Thanks,

    Carlos.

    Carlos.

    Carlos, Jun 3, 2008

  2. I ran into similar problems a few times. My "workaround" was to shut
    down visual studios and/or delete the register line, build, and then
    re-add the register line again rebuild.

    Don't necessarily remember the order but its just something that
    happens when VS gets all screwy with ASP.NET.

    cfps.Christian, Jun 4, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Thank you Chris but it did not work for me...

    Carlos, Jun 4, 2008
  4. Carlos

    musosdev Guest

    Carlos,

    Did you get this sorted? I'm getting the same problem with VS2008 / .net 3.5
    and the AjaxControlToolkit v1.0.106.18.0

    :/

    musosdev, Jun 23, 2008