    height of frame etc but with no luck, any ideas?

    http://chertsey-whites.net/

    Rob
    Robx, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Robx

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Mar 14, 2005

  3. Robx

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Robx" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:55:17 GMT
    > Subject: unstable frameset
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    > top frame of frameset moves when clicking and dragging on it. Can't
    > understand why that should happen, have tried various changes in table,
    > height of frame etc but with no luck, any ideas?
    >
    > http://chertsey-whites.net/
    >
    > Rob

    Does not exhibit your indicated problem on my browsers? Perhaps be more
    explicit? Mostly you will be told not to use frames but they do seem to have
    some advantages and are easy to work with, there being "correct" ways to do
    so - recently and usefully explained on this newsgroup. I don't think I
    would specify heights in your tables (perhaps if you use tables, at least
    try not to use tables within tables... that's where my heresies stop at
    least!).

    Funny things do happen on your site when one changes *browser* font-size.
    The contents of the top frame run out of space, nothing at that font size
    able to recover the missing bits... I would let the tables find their own
    heights (and widths if possible). There is marvellous intelligence built
    into tables (which, btw, it needs quite some skill to duplicate in pure
    css). But I think the real problem on this is you limiting the row size to
    122 in the frameset code.

    Look at your top.htm and see how it grows when you change the browser
    "font-size" view. No problem with height here. But big problem with width.
    So you need to rethink the table in respects to width. (Personally I like to
    not set absolute widths... to avoid just such problems). The height problem
    is due to the rows I mentioned previously. Pardon me for thinking while i
    write and repeating things...

    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 15, 2005