From: "Robx said:
Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:55:17 GMT
Subject: unstable frameset

Can anyone help?
top frame of frameset moves when clicking and dragging on it. Can't
understand why that should happen, have tried various changes in table,
height of frame etc but with no luck, any ideas?

http://chertsey-whites.net/

Rob

Does not exhibit your indicated problem on my browsers? Perhaps be more
explicit? Mostly you will be told not to use frames but they do seem to have
some advantages and are easy to work with, there being "correct" ways to do
so - recently and usefully explained on this newsgroup. I don't think I
would specify heights in your tables (perhaps if you use tables, at least
try not to use tables within tables... that's where my heresies stop at
least!).

Funny things do happen on your site when one changes *browser* font-size.
The contents of the top frame run out of space, nothing at that font size
able to recover the missing bits... I would let the tables find their own
heights (and widths if possible). There is marvellous intelligence built
into tables (which, btw, it needs quite some skill to duplicate in pure
css). But I think the real problem on this is you limiting the row size to
122 in the frameset code.

Look at your top.htm and see how it grows when you change the browser
"font-size" view. No problem with height here. But big problem with width.
So you need to rethink the table in respects to width. (Personally I like to
not set absolute widths... to avoid just such problems). The height problem
is due to the rows I mentioned previously. Pardon me for thinking while i
write and repeating things...

dorayme