Update to FAQ

Garrett Smith

A lot has changed and needs to be uploaded.

I do not have SSH access now, so I can't upload the changes discussed.

Changes to Entries with contributors' last names listed below:
* What is the document object model (DOM)?
Stockton
* Why does my code fail to access an element?
Stockton
* How do I modify the content of the current page?
Stockton, Lahn
* How can I see if a browser accepts cookies?
Zaytsev (aka "kangax")
* When should I use eval?
Kiran Makam
* What are object models? (still needs rewrite)
Chamorro
* What is ECMAScript
Stockton, Smith
* What is JScript (removed)
Smith
* How do I close a window and why does it not work on the first one?
Saarikumpu, Smith
* What books are recommended for javascript?
Harris (review link added)

HTML Cleanup:
* removed some nbsp garbage
* replaced "<a name=" with id on h2/h3

Also with minor edtits to add <code> in a few places, punctuation, and
formatting.

Garrett

David Mark

A lot has changed and needs to be uploaded.
And...?

I do not have SSH access now, so I can't upload the changes discussed.

How ineffectual. In future, please refrain from posting about things
you have *not* done. Do them and then post.
[...]

You've got a long way to go there and I don't think you are capable.
A FAQ maintainer must be proficient with HTML, CSS, etc. This is
another strike.
Also with minor edtits to add <code> in a few places, punctuation, and
formatting.

No confidence. I submit we need a replacement if the FAQ is ever to
be taken seriously.