    the target attreibute.

    Thanking in advance,
    Nuno Lopes

    IhateSPAM, Jul 2, 2003

  2. IhateSPAM

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:58:58 +0100, "IhateSPAM" <>
    wrote:

    >In older html versions there was a target attributte to A links. How can I
    >do it now in html 4.1 strict?

    You can't. Nor is switching to HTML 4.01 Strict an "upgrade". If you
    wish to use target (and there's no reason you shouldn't) then use
    Transitional instead. It's what it's there for. Strict is in no way
    "better".

    Target is useful, as a concept, but the implementation was inadequate.
    Strict ditched it, in favour of a modularised approach and some better
    and more capable replacement for it. Owing to the vagaries of
    development scheduling, such a replacement didn't really happen until
    modularised XHTML and XLink (which still has negligible browser
    support).

    Andy Dingley, Jul 2, 2003