UPS LandedCost webservice and ASP.NET 1.1

Ather Ali Shaikh

Hello all,

I am supposed to develop an e-commerce application integrated with UPS
Courier services to calculate the cost of shipment of a products. I have UPS
account number also have register a user to download the DevTools, but thos
development tools are in VB6.0 and Java, I do not understand that how do I
post my request to UPS and get response through ASP.NET 1.1. It has a
webservice named LandedCost.wsdl. I think it is a java based webservice I
can not add it into my web-references.
Can any baody help. Please it is urgent.

Thanks in Advance
Ather Ali Shaikh

Ray Booysen

The wsdl file is a descriptor for the webservice. If you run:

wsdl /out:myProxyClass.cs http://URLToWSDL/LandedCost.wsdl

This will generate a proxy class for you to work with the webservice.
Simply take the .cs file and place it in your project and interact with it.

Regards
Ray

Ather Ali Shaikh

I have done it, but the problem is it generates all the methos public and I
do not know what method called and when.

Regards,
Ather Ali Shaikh

Ray Booysen

What is has done is create an interface for you to interact with the
webservice. The public methods are the methods that the webservice exposes.

So you can call these methods in your code to interact with the webservice.