DOT NET 1.1 and Office 2003

Ather Ali Shaikh

Hello All,

I am usign Framework 1.1 with Office 2003
I am inserting new row in Access 2003. there is no variable, and no
complexity It is just like
INSERT INTO testTable (CustomerName) VALUES('Ather Ali Shaikh').

When I use the above insert query I found error listed below.

"Operation must use an updateable query"

What is it mean and how I remove this exception.?

Regards
Ather Ali Shaikh

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

This usually means that the ASPNET account or the current impersonated user
doesn't have sufficient permissions on the database or the folder where it
is located.

Access needs to be able to create a locking file during the operation and
therefore the account needs write (or perhaps change) permissions.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]