URGENT: Strange Cookie Problem! Production App is Failing!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tony Archer, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Tony Archer

    Tony Archer Guest

    (Forgive the dupicate post, I had left out the OS Version out of the prior
    post.)

    Gentlemen, your urgent help is needed in solving a STRANGE problem.

    I have two servers a dev box, and a production box. On the dev box
    everything works fine, in production it hoses:

    One of the things a user can do is click a "Change region" link which takes
    them to a map of the world. They can then select one of four regions.

    When they select a region it takes them to a page which reads a variable and
    then sets a cookie which is then referenced throughout the site.

    like: cds.asp?r=0 (0,1,2,3 are the valid valies)

    NOW I'm not asking you to debug code, as I am POSITIVE it has nothing to do
    with that and here's why:

    DEV BOX Running NT-4 SP6a:
    - Default FTP (All IPs)
    - Default SMTP (All IPs)
    - Default NNTP (All IPs)
    - Default Web Server (IP-1:80)
    - New Web Server (IP-2:80)
    - New Web Server - Back Door (IP-1:88)
    * IP-1 and IP-2 are assigned to the same network card, there is no second
    NIC.

    All three web servers are pointing at the same physical directory. (The
    reason is irrelevant, but if you must know it's because we're using a
    security ISAPI filter which screws up Front Page Extensions. SO the second
    IP allows FP to connect and the back door allows a script to run)

    If I hit the Default Web Server the cookies are updated and everything
    changes fine.
    If I hit "New Web Server - Back Door" or "New Web Server" the cookie appears
    to get updated on the page doing the work (I checked by printing both the
    variable and the request.cookie) but then is not for any other pages
    referencing it.

    My Production server is set up in much the same way.
    Tony Archer, Dec 1, 2003